Spires Cleft Centre
The Spires Cleft Centre is one of nine highly specialised cleft units in England. It is a twin-site centre, providing care for all children with cleft lip and/or palate born within the Oxford and Salisbury catchment areas. We have a multidisciplinary team approach, drawing upon the expertise of a group of specialists who work together to provide the highest possible quality of care. The Centre also provides treatment for children who have nasal speech caused by poor palate function (known as non-cleft velopharyngeal dysfunction).
The Stars Appeal works to ensure children receive the best possible care in a bright, welcoming and child-friendly environment, where they and their families have all the facilities and support that they need.
How the Stars Appeal makes a difference:
- Providing a child-friendly environment with furnishings, décor and artwork
- Advanced medical equipment
- Educational and fun toys, books, games
- Free Wi-Fi
- Stars Appeal water cooler
- Specialist training and education for staff
- Supporting staff wellbeing and morale