Get your school involved
How schools can raise money to support their
Pupils and Teachers often tell us they want to support the work of Salisbury District Hospital, sometimes for the children’s ward where many pupils have received care, sometimes for a ward or department that has looked after someone close to the school.
Your school can raise funds by choosing the Stars Appeal as your Charity of the Year, Charity of the Term or organising a fundraising week or day. Here are just some ideas of fundraising activities to get you started:
- Art attack – run an arty competition for pupils to create artwork based around a fun theme
- Battle of the Bands – hold an event and charge an entrance fee. People attending could donate to request songs
- Eco day – dress green and do good deeds for the day, like litter picking and recycling your rubbish
- Non-uniform day – tried, tested, and loved by pupils everywhere! Ask pupils to pay a set donation (£1 or £2 each) to wear their own clothes to school
- Readathon – a sponsored reading event run in primary and secondary schools across the UK, encouraging children to read for pleasure
- Sponge throw – ask pupils to donate in return for getting to launch soapy sponges at teachers. Best done on a sunny day!
- Zzzzz – hold a sponsored sleepover at school
Steps to supporting the Stars Appeal
1. Contact us and let us know your plans. We can provide you with our ‘fundraising in aid of’ logo, leaflets, collection boxes/buckets, donation envelopes, t-shirts, bunting, signage. Click here to download a Fundraising Pack and other helpful resources.
2. Set up your own fundraising/donation page with a target and details of your activity. All money donated online comes directly through to us.
3. Tag us in any of your social media posts and pictures (our social links are at the bottom of the page)
4. Once your fundraising is complete:
- Contact us to let us know that your fundraising is complete so that we may acknowledge your kind support.
- Post any cheques and paper sponsor forms in to us using the details here. Remember to provide us with the details of the fund you are wishing to support, your reason for supporting us, and your full contact details so that we may acknowledge your kind support.
- We love meeting our supporters so please let us know if you would to arrange to have a photo with our presentation cheque!
Thank you so much for your support.
We would love to hear from you
We love attending school assemblies to explain the work of the charity and to really inspire the pupils in their fundraising efforts. If you’d like us to visit your school please contact us to arrange this.
We also love to hear your plans and see your fundraising day photos to help celebrate success and thank you for your efforts. Do link up with us on social media and contact us here.
Thank you for supporting us. Please use our ‘in aid of’ logo in all your promotional materials (available here) and please be aware that you are responsible for organising all aspects of your fundraising and that the Stars Appeal cannot accept any liability relating to your fundraising. Thank you.