Wessex Rehabilitation Centre
Wessex Rehabilitation Centre provides courses of intensive rehabilitation to people recovering from serious injuries, for example after a road traffic accident, major surgery and those suffering from chronic pain, such as back or neck pain. Programmes of specialised rehabilitation activities led by physiotherapists and occupational therapists, focus on improving patients’ strength, movement and confidence and often help patients to regain use of their arms, legs, hands and feet.
The Stars Appeal works to help the Centre’s team deliver the most effective rehabilitation to patients.
How the Stars Appeal makes a difference:
- Advanced rehabilitation equipment and facilities such as the anti-gravity treadmill, bouldering wall and therapy kitchen
- Enhancing the Wessex Rehabilitation Centre environment, for example with furnishings, décor and artwork
- Accommodation for patients travelling long distances for courses of intensive rehabilitation
- Equipping the Centre’s woodworking workshop
- Free Wi-Fi
- Specialist training and education for staff
- Supporting staff wellbeing and morale