Walk for Wards £104,925 record!
Thank you to everyone who supported Walk for Wards 2015! A record 2,005 people registered to take part and pledged an amazing £104,925 in sponsorship.
These vital funds will help us continue our work in many areas of the Hospital including:
- Providing free ‘home from home’ accommodation for parents while their child is in hospital.
- Supporting bereaved families.
- Offering companionship and support for older people in hospital, helping them get home sooner.
- Providing additional therapies and support for cancer patients being treated on the Pembroke Unit.
- Building Salisbury’s first dedicated Breast Unit.
We are hugely grateful and extend our thanks to all those who took part, those that sponsored them and the dozens of people and organisations who enabled the event to happen, including our hosts Lord and Lady Pembroke, main sponsor Salisbury Reds and marshals Wilton Rotary Club.
We are already making plans for Walk for Wards 2016 – registration will open soon.
WALK FOR WARDS 2015 IN NUMBERS
- 2,005 Walkers Registered
- 4,000 slices of bread
- 2 double decker buses
- 1 stately home
- 2,400 bottles of water
- 628 dads who gave up their fathers’ day lie in
- 1,875 Mr Softie Ice Creams (most with a flake)
- 3,500 pieces of fruit
- 2 GREAT bands
- 468 minutes spent QUEUING for the loo
- 210 hours of volunteering
- 30 wilton ROTARIANS
- Hundreds of amazings reasons to walk
£104,925 pledged in sponsorship
1million thank yous*
* These include, but are not LIMITED to: Lord and Lady Pembroke, Salisbury Reds, Wilton Rotary Club, Stars Appeal Volunteers, Spire FM, Salisbury Journal, John Rose Photography, Unstuck design, St John Ambulance, Country Coolers, 3663, Wilton Wholefoods, Old Stables Britford, Booker, Salisbury Scouts, and our fantastic entertainers: Evolution choir and members of ‘Off the Cuff’