Accommodation for patients’ loved ones
We provide or help to fund a range of accommodation where people can stay overnight or just take some time out whilst their loved one is in hospital.
How the Stars Appeal makes a difference:
- Dedicated parents’ flat and pull-down beds so parents can stay by their child’s bedside on Sarum Children’s Ward
- Four bed en-suite family accommodation unit for parents whose babies are being cared for on the Neonatal Unit
- Neonatal Unit ‘kangaroo care rooms’ where mums can stay alongside their babies and prepare for going home
- Supporting the provision of overnight accommodation for the loved ones of adult patients across the hospital in the Annetts and Batten Rooms (League of Friend’s bungalows)
- Day rooms and other facilities where loved ones can take a break