Together We Did It – Thank You!
We have had supporters of all age groups and interests, just like the people who the CT Scanner will help, including:
- Children, who raised money with cake sales, sponsored events and by choosing the Campaign as their school charity.
- Runners, cyclists, skydivers, rally drivers, fitness fans and walkers, who took part in marathons, runs, treks, zumbathons and jumps.
- Military personnel, who have supported us with all sorts of activities, as well as organising the Tidworth 10k.
- Older people, who have donated Golden Wedding gifts and organised sales and activities.
- Hospital staff, who have made donations and organised events and collections.
- Charitable Trusts and Foundations, who have contributed to the Campaign.
And many, many more – we are hugely grateful for every single donation.
What happens now?
Now that we have the money we need we can order the scanner. The hospital will pick up all installation and running costs for the new scanner, so any additional money that supporters raise will go to improve diagnostic services even further. Work to accommodate the new scanner in the radiology department has already begun, and the aim is that the second CT Scanner will be in operation, and helping thousands of local people, by the Summer of 2014.
The Stars Appeal is committed to ensuring that local people receive the best possible care and equipment over and above that which the NHS provides. On behalf of all the patients who will benefit from your generosity, our most sincere thanks once again.